Rock the 21 hosts fundraising and community events to increase awareness and educate others about
Proceeds from our efforts are used to provide services and resources to persons with Down syndrome (DS), as well as to support other non-profit organizations with this same mission. Activities we have funded, and those that we are planning, are detailed below. Please see "News & Events" for further information.
Activities and programs we've funded
- Organizing an “Inclusion Rocks” seminar for teachers. Topics focused on creating a successful educational programs and inclusion for children with DS in the classroom.
- Donating to four non-profits in FL and TX - organizations that support individuals with DS - to assist in helping 30+ families in need during post Hurricane Irma and Harvey recovery efforts.
Scholarships for six adults with DS to attend a job sampling program, as well a three-month training for a culinary arts student with DS.
Scholarships to the Stepping Stones’ Early Intervention Program, which provides critical physical, speech and occupational therapy for infants and toddlers with DS.
- Funding for Camp Hope, a summer day camp program for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities, including DS.
- Distributing a specialized reading program to families who have children with DS and would otherwise not have the opportunity to purchase the program.
- Donating DS diagnosis support baskets to new parents.
- Gifting a specialized iPad to an under-privileged high school student who has DS and is legally blind.
- Funding a state-of-the-art therapy room at a local school for children with DS.
- Donating to the Mustard Seed Communities, an international non-profit that focuses on nurturing abandoned children with DS.
Our Board Our ADVISORs
- Beth Freeman, President
- Ana High, Vice President
- Tara Stauber, Vice President/Secretary
- Stephanie Dotto, Treasurer
- Andrew Darcy, Legal
- Chinoy Edwards, Graphic Design
- Katherine Brown, Technology