Rock the 21 hosts fundraising and community events to increase awareness and educate others about
Proceeds from our events and fundraising are used to provide services and resources to persons with Down Syndrome, as well as to support other non-profit organizations with this same mission. Activities we have funded, and those that we are planning, are detailed below. Please Click here to read our newsletter for further information.
Activities and programs we've funded
Scholarships for six adults with DS to attend a job sampling program, as well a three-month training for a culinary arts student with DS.
Scholarships to the Stepping Stones’ Early Intervention Program, which provides critical physical, speech and occupational therapy for infants and toddlers with DS.
- Funding for Camp Hope, a seven-week, summer day camp program for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities, including DS.
- Distributing a specialized reading program to families who have children with DS and would otherwise not have the opportunity to purchase the program.
- Donating DS diagnosis support baskets to new parents.
- Gifting a specialized iPad to an under-privileged high school student who has DS and is legally blind.
- Funding a state-of-the-art therapy room at a local school for children with DS.
- Donating to the Mustard Seed Communities, an international non-profit that focuses on nurturing abandoned children with DS.
- Organizing an “Educate the Educators” seminar for teachers. Topics will be focused on creating a successful educational programs and inclusion for children with DS in the classroom.
- Hosting a dance and networking event(s) for teens and young adults with DS.
- Do you have an idea of an event or need Rock the 21 can help with? Please let us know!
Our Board Our ADVISORs
- Beth Freeman, President
- Ana High, First Vice President
- Tara Stauber, Second Vice President
- Teresa Inauen, Secretary
- Stephanie Dotto, Treasurer
- Andrew Darcy, Legal
- Chinoy Edwards, Graphic Design
- Katherine Brown, Technology